Grace Network provides the following services and programs to residents of Martinsville and Henry County Virginia:
- Financial Assistance for Housing and Utilities for families in crisis
- Client-Choice Food Pantry
- Heating and Cooling Assistance Today Program to assist families to decrease their heating and cooling bills
- VITA - Tax Preparation (in a Partnership with the United Way's HOPE Coalition)
- Informal financial mentoring and referral through the Martinsville Assistance Network
Clients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis Monday through Friday 9 AM to 12:30 PM and Thursday afternoons from 4 to 7 PM. Clients must live in Martinsville or Henry County and must show documentation of a current financial crisis. Volunteers will interview all clients prior to offering assistance.
Clients are asked to bring the following required documentation:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card for all household members
- Proof of income for all household members (last and current months); including paycheck stubs, award letters from Social Security, SSI, or child support, checking/savings account information, documentation of SNAP benefits, TANF, etc.
- Monthly expenses/bills; including mortgage or rent, insurance, utilities, cable, child support, loans, car payment, credit card statements, plus any pay or quit notice, overdue bill or termination notice as proof of the crisis.
- Rent/mortgage information; including landlord's contact information, lease agreement, referral from Section 8 or housing authority, and rent or mortgage payment receipts.
For more information regarding required documentation call Grace Network 276-638-8500.